Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVC kitchen sink drain..

In the process of installing new drain pipes under kitchen sink with
    1-1/2" plastic. The directions show all the fittings using slip nuts and washers. All except where the two pieces of P-trap fit together. One side of the trap has threads..the other has a built-in flange which then takes a slip nut behind that....a completely different type of connection from the others.

My question is...is there supposed to be any kind of washer at that connection. I put it all together and the only place I had a leak was at that connection. I can't use one of the included washers because the slip nut will not then reach far enough to grab the threads on the other side of the connection.

Thank you for your reply...
    Bill

Well it SHOULDN'T!![:0] Those darned things do need to be designed better. If snugging it up a bit more doesn't help (too much may distort or crack the plastic fitting), then just apply some pipe sealer sticky stuff on the flange male/female part. There's not enough pressure to blow anything out, so it should be fine. Or...maybe that ones faulty. If the surfaces are nicked or warped, exchange it for a new one.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =