Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toilet drain pipe connected to elbow pipe using silicone Sealant! View video here

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toilet drain pipe connected to elbow pipe using silicone Sealant! View video here

I was seeing water dripping off my porch ceiling from a old nail hole. I then realize it happens every time the toilet above is flushed. So I think it may just be a bad wax seal. I take off toilet to inspect and find the wax seal is fine. But then I stick a flashlight down the drain pipe and I see the most ridiculous thing in home building. When they built this cheap track housing, they used the same sized pipe to connect the toilet side pipe that sticks into floor to meet up with the elbow pipe using silicone sealant Instead of using the correct coupler sleeve with glue or proper banding together. They instead jerry-rigged it with silicone sealant! View my video and tell me if you see what I see and if you have any comparison to this setup. You can view it by copy and paste this link:

update: We pulled the elbow out and replaced the piece to fix the leak. So all fixed now. But the clear area was NOT sealent as I assumed. It was just a clear washer? I forgot really. Been 1.7 years since fixed!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =