Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please just answer these 2 questions...!!!

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please just answer these 2 questions...!!!

Hello friends,

I was astonished when I saw the basement of my home (re-innovated in 2004) that large sections of fibre plumbing had not been supported by pipe hangers. Sections of up to 20 feet have been left without support.
    I am now in the process of fixing the pipe hangers at an intervals of not more than 6 feet. Now I have 2 questions.

First, will it result effective? I assume this plumbing has been there since 2004 and if the joints were to break, then surely they would have done so by now.

Secondly, I am using copper pipe hangers for plastic fibre pipe. Is this correct or are plastic better (by means of being semi-flexible and not damaging the pipe)?

Your suggestions are valuable......

Thanks,
    Brain Reed

I would never use plastic pipe for anything. when hot it sags, when cold its brittle as hell. PEX is the only plastic I'll ever use. Copper, tho expensive is the plumbing to have in a house. No problem you can use copper hangers for your pipe.

Comment

Hello HayZee

Hearty Thanks for your response and suggestion. I glad to have your opinion. One of my neighbour suggested me to refer Roofstuffinc for the purpose and I searched for the same and found that RoofStuffinc.com has exactly what I was searching for within budget. I was really impressed with it.

Can you please suggest me any other economic products?

Thanks,
      - Brain Reed.

Comment

the old adage "you get what you pay for" always comes into play. I'm not saying that you should get the most expensive plumbing fixture around, they go bad too! I got a replacement fixture for my kitchen sink. it's chromed plastic, not hefty like with brass, but it works! You'll find nobody cheaper than me! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BrainReed View Post
          Hello friends,

I was astonished when I saw the basement of my home (re-innovated in 2004) that large sections of fibre plumbing had not been supported by pipe hangers. Sections of up to 20 feet have been left without support.
          I am now in the process of fixing the pipe hangers at an intervals of not more than 6 feet. Now I have 2 questions.

First, will it result effective? I assume this plumbing has been there since 2004 and if the joints were to break, then surely they would have done so by now.

Secondly, I am using copper pipe hangers for plastic fibre pipe. Is this correct or are plastic better (by means of being semi-flexible and not damaging the pipe)?

Your suggestions are valuable......

Thanks,
          Brain Reed

Brian,

I've been in residential/commercial ground up construction for over 30 years... I'm assuming you're talking about your draining system. The only time I would worry about hot water is, if you've got a commercial kitchen up and running where you'd be dumping gallons of boiling water at a time.
          your strapping at 6 ft o.c. (on center) is more than enough support! always remember, you need a minimum of 2% fall. (that's 1/4 inch per foot). if you're concerned about the actual strapping touching the pipe, wrap the pipe with some duct tape at each strap location.
          Now, if you're talking some 1/2 or 3/4 inch water supply... if it's rigid you're still OK with 6 ft o.c.
          if it moves very easily, make the support at 4 ft o.c.
          and you should be good to go...

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X
          =