Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annahmed
    replied
    Your plan to add a dormer bathroom sounds great and definitely doable given your DIY skills. It’s a smart move to consult with a professional to get detailed plans and handle the structural and plumbing work, especially since you’re dealing with a 100-year-old house. This can help ensure everything is up to code and minimize potential surprises. You can then take on the finish work yourself, which can be both rewarding and cost-effective. Just make sure to check on permits and local building codes before starting. Overall, blending professional help with your DIY expertise seems like a solid approach. Good luck with your project!

Leave a comment:

• speltier
    started a topic Considering building an addition...

Considering building an addition...

I'm thinking about adding a dormer bathroom to my 100 year old house. It'd be situated above the existing bathroom, and I think I can bring the main wet wall up. I'm not a licensed contractor. I've done some building and tons of DIY home repair and improvement... but this would be a large project. I'm thinking a flat roof (it'd mirror the dormer bedroom on the front of the house) about 12 feet wide, sink, toilet (tap into the soil stack below), shower...

A friend also suggested the possibility of having a pro builder provide plans and even frame it out, window, rough plumbing, leaving the finish work to me. What do you guys think? I have all the tools I'd need, and plenty of time on my hands... what would you do?

Thanks!
Working...
X
=