Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint sprayers

Planning on painting the whole huse. Friend tells me that using a paint sprayer is easier and faster. My question is, do you have to worry about overspray and is one model better than others?

paint sprayers

Depends on what you can afford and how skillful you are. Wagner has some good guns. I've got a low velocity, high density gun made by wagner. you're always gonna get over spray. again its how you adjust your spray pattern. a wide pattern will give you more overspray. narrow it down and you get a more concentrated spray.

Comment

If the house is empty, no carpet or finished flooring I would spray. If you've got furniture and flooring it may not be worth it. There will be a lot of covering and masking off.

Comment

In reality the question should be ....Do you want a long lasting, durable job or a quick fix ?

Sprayers will not give you the nice covering (interior or exterior) that handles wear and tear or environment (sun etc..) for very long, but it is quick.
        Over spray is always an issue, you can as previously mentioned change the nozzle to a closer fan and/or use over spray shields to help reduce the over spray.
        For whole house renovations we will often spray the ceilings (two coats minimum) , roll all the walls and hand paint trim and doors. This gives you a much better and much longer lasting finish, having said that spraying is only an option for interior work when there is nothing in the rooms being sprayed.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Paint Sprayers

I like to use a paint sprayer if I'm outside, or if the house is not furnished. Using a sprayer makes a lot of over spray, which could get on everything in a house. Trim work should always be hand painted. Large open spaces can be painted really quickly with a sprayer, but part of the problem is knowing how to use the sprayer. If you have no experience, you should practice on scrap before attempting to paint onto a wall that everyone will see. Much of the Destin home painting that is going on here is done with rollers though, as they give a better coat, more even application, and while not as fast as a sprayer, still gets the job done quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =