Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Old Wallpaper and paint

Hi Folks,

I am moving to a house, and I see the wallpaper the color that I do not like, I want to remove the wallpaper on my own and paint the fair matching color paint.

How do I remove the wall paper, what are the techniques? any tools that helps removing wall paper?

Thanks in advance for reply and help

quote:Originally posted by muralil

Hi Folks,

I am moving to a house, and I see the wallpaper the color that I do not like, I want to remove the wallpaper on my own and paint the fair matching color paint.

How do I remove the wall paper, what are the techniques? any tools that helps removing wall paper?

Thanks in advance for reply and help
    i am going through the same ordeal. our house is approx 200 years old and contains well over 4 layers of paper. We found the first layer often came off by just pulling but the other layers were a different story. We purchased a tool called a paper tiger, which scored the paper, allowing the spary on mixture to get to the paste. One room only required a gallon of a chemical called mr. stripper, which was sprayed on and allowed to sit, the reapplied and the paper came off. We tried this in another room and had no luck at all. We fought with the paper for two weeks, till we rented a wallpaper steamer from a locale stor. Within four hours we had two rooms done. I would have to recomend a wall paper steamer and a scrapper

hope this helps

Comment

Working...
    X
    =