Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop ceiling in bathroom?

I hope you guys know more than me, cause I know nothing.I live in a 4 story, wood frame apartment complex. In my bathroom there is a drop ceiling (I believe, it is 6 inches lower than my other ceilings) where the bathroom fan and sprinkler head is located. I imagine in there is just the exhaust ducting for my bathroom fan, and steel pipe for the sprinkler system.Is there any way to hang something off this drop ceiling safely? I'm looking to hang roughly 20lbs from the ceiling, but is there a way? Should I go through storage to find a stud finder in the hopes there is a 2x4 up there?

stuff

a lot depends on the span of your main tees. the main tees are supported with wires screwed into your basic ceiling. there is some limitation as to what you can hang on the tees. a four foot flourescent fixture can be affixed to the main tees using what is called a fixture hanger bracket. what you may need to do is locate a joist above the dropped ceiling - screw in a 5/16" screw to machine screw anchor then use a 5/16-18 coupler and a length of 5/16-18 threaded rod.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =