Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor concrete wall repair

My wife and I bought our first house last August. About a month after moving in, we noticed flaking of the lower part of our back wall. After getting the roof re-sealed (we thought there might have been water coming in through the cracked seal around the roof), I used EZ sand to patch the wall. Now, it's doing the same thing again. I'm not sure if its something I did with the repair, or if there is still water getting in. Can anyone help with this? Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	87704

wall repair

judging from what I can see, there's a bubble right next to your patch picture.
    to me this indicated a moisture barrier problem. the wall finish looks to be plaster with entrained hair or fiberglass shards.
    older houses didn't use a moisture barrier, just metal lath or wooden lath. in wall insulation is rockwool or vermiculite. or nothing at all!
    feel the patch area. if it feels damp you'll need to remove a larger portion on wall finish to find out where the water is coming from.
    then - because it would be counter productive to remove the whole wall, moisture barrier protect it, apply a piece of blueboard sheetrock and feather edge apply the mud and paint.

Comment

What is behind that wall, is that an exterior wall , if so is the ground sloping away from the house, or a downspout near that location ? If it's an interior wall is there a plumbing line in behind there ? Is there a window above that damage ?
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =