Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring roller shade completly pulled down

First, I'd like to apologize for using the forum Walls and Wall Coverings which I strongly suspect isn't the right one for my question. I thought it was the closest one in the group Indoor Home Repair.

I tried again & again to have the spring roller shade rolled back up through the spring, that many people is able to operate but for me it's just a matter of luck (I try pulling a bit down then let go, with mixed results). So my series of failure ended with the shade completely unrolled, it's most extended it can be, pulling more would rip the fabric from the roll or break the roll or bracket.

There's a chain without a joining link. So stuck as it it, if I roll it back then mount it on the bracket then try to pull it down, it won't be able to go down past a few inches as the link will have reached the gears. I've never used the chain, as it's a room I seldom go in, in fact before this problem I didn't even know it had that additional mechanism, but the ones that do regularly use the spring roller shade would like the option to also use the chain.

What can I do to put back the spring roller shade , so it will function properly, for both spring and chain ; although spring is more used, thus have higher priority.

Thank you kindly for your help

spring loaded shade

one end has a round pin, the other end has a flat projection. use a standard dinner fork and wind up the spring. there is a ratchet at one end that catches a notch so it doesn't spring back.

Comment

not for this one. the side popping in the bracket is just a screw. the other side has the chain gear and what's connecting it in the bracket is a flat hole, so the bracket has a flat pin. I saw some page that suggested to hold the roll and turn the screwdriver inside the flat hole until something different is felt but the only thing I feel is it's harder to turn in a regular fashion, just like screwing a soda bottle from tight to extra tight.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =