Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fungus in plaster wall

After a roof leak, we had mushrooms growing from the wall and ceiling of a room in our house! The ceiling is made of drywall and we have removed it, but the wall is lathe and plaster. We had a mushroom growing from one spot in the wall, we sprayed bleach on it and it has not returned. The wall definitely absorbed a lot of moisture and there is cracking and water damage. Can we get away with just cleaning and patching the plaster, or do we need to replace it altogether? It's a relatively small strip of wall that's damaged.

Are you able to determine what is going on behind the wall? May be full of water?

Comment

All I can see is a wood beam behind the wall as I look down from the open ceiling. The wall I'm talking about is a narrow strip of wall (about nine inches wide) between the ceiling and the top of the windows. I know that moisture has seeped in there but I can't tell how damp it is now.

Comment

Since it is a relatively small strip of wall that's damaged, I would probably just replace it. You will be on the safe side and you can inspect the damage in the process

[]

Comment

Working...
        X
        =