Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nail Pops - A Solution At Last!

This Old House television show lists the #1 Homeowner repair question as being "How Do You Fix Nail Pops?". There is finally a product that can reliably and quickly help you do this. If you are interested in this patent pending solution check out www.popstopper.com

Happy Home Improving

The only solution for nail pops is not a silly tool such as this, but applying the proper fasteners in the first place....

Comment

PopStopper

Welcome to the Home Repair Forums

We welcome any product that might be of use to us. We would like for you to post a few times with helpful hints before you runs ads to sell and item of your choosing.

Thank you

16x80

Comment

16X80 - Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate the polite notice about decorum. Apologies for the obvious ad- I have discovered this is not something that is encouraged in this or any forum. Seems people are normally a little more subtle :-). I will not post the URL again.

In response to Homebild's comments - I totally agree that the only way to stop getting nail pops is to have your drywall hung with screws and glue. Unfortunately for many homeowners they are in a house that was not constructed this way. Traditional methods of drying to fix nail pops come up short – often resulting in nails popping back and looking worse than they did originally. This tool helps repair pops and stop them popping back. You'll notice that part of the supplied system is drywall screws to resecure after repair.

Comment

Popstopper:

No. Your method does not stop pops it only encourages the ill informed to buy a ridiculous product that will help nothing.

Proper repair of drywall not hung with screws and glue is to retrofit the drywall with screws (and glue) if possible.

Your gadget is a toy with no practical merit and homeowners should warned about wasting their money by purchasing such a silly trinket.

Comment

homebild

Sir,

I believe the situation was taken care of with my post.

I have seen your posts in the past and you are abusive and you degrade others. If you cannot be helpful and polite please do not even bother to post on this forum!

Please take this as a warning Sir, I will not give you another one!

16x80

Comment

Homebild – While I find your tone a little surprising I would like to respond to your comments.

There are many common and well documented methods for repairing nail pops. The most extreme is retrofitting new drywall. While this may be necessary in the most serious of cases- it is clearly not viable for most applications. I can hardly imagine the weekend DIY'er tackling such a project because their spouse has spotted a handful of offending pops or the painting contractor telling their client that in preparing the wall they are going to have to replace it.

The common methods for repairing non-extreme pops include reseating the nail with a hammer and/or then driving another nail head on top of the existing nail head or placing a screw either side of the nail. These are the methods that are ineffective for various and numerous reasons and we offering a better way. Again- for every nail that is removed a screw replaces it. This not just a tool but a system of repair. The inventors of this product have 20+ years experience in the professional painting contractor field. We have seen a lot of nail pops and a lot of repair techniques that do not work.

16x80- Again- I apologize again for my original post and now recognize it is inappropriate to advertise in these forums. I find it hard to respond to comments without further promoting the benefits of this product since I do not want to leave unanswered feedback. I will therefore understand if you feel it necessary to delete the entire thread. I would just request that you do not delete just my comments and leave the others.

Comment

Mr. PopStopper,

Not everyone in here is as rude as homebilt. This is normally a very informative and friendly forum. I get the occasional nail pop on my walls, so I thought I'd pay your website a visit. I like the site (I learned all I need to know about "poppers"), and I think that your popstopper tool is a winner. I'm going to order one.

Comment

As a Drywall Contractor for over 30 years, I personally can tell you that whether you use nail or screws you will still have pops. You are ALWAYS to use glue when hanging drywall.

The pops come from the wood drying or settling and not the actual drywall. Please do not blame the drywall guys for something that they have no control over.

I personally have not used the popstopper but seems to me that if the wood caused the pop, that even after you used the pop stopper that the screws that you replaced the nail with will still pop out. It might solve the problem, but in the long run I don't think it will be the solution.

Comment

Everyone agrees nail pops are a problem.
                    Everyone agrees the best way to install drywall is by screw and glue.

If you have nail pops, chances are your builder did not use screws and glue. In which case, they have stuck you with this problem.

No one believes it is reasonable it terms of cost and effort to tear out the sheetrock to fix the problem. Everyone agrees that nails will pop back even after common using methods of repair.

Here is a rule of thumb:

If you have more than 1 or 2 nail pops on any 1 wall, you should consider this product. The cost is insignificant and its works.

85% of the cost of a paint job is labor and 100% of the results come down to surface preparation and the proper use of materials and equipment. This is a case where the right tool can save you aggravation, time and money.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =