Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Brick....

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum and I hope there are those more learned than me to doing some home improvements.

I exposed a brick bump out section in my wall and left it that way because it looked really nice in the room. My problem is sealing it. Its a small room and everyone I talk to tells me I have to use a chemical cleaner or some other liquid substance to prep it. I dont want to do this because the house is 100 years old with original hardwood floors and again, a very small room (8X13)
    I love the look the way it is and really just want to seal it as is. I have used a wire brush to remove any loose mortar (there really wasnt any at all) and brushed it down to remove as much dust as possible.

This is only a small section in the room that I am talking about (its dimensions are 3ft.wide, 9ft.tall, 6in.deep)
    Would I be able to just seal it and what would the best product to seal it be?

Thanks, I be posting alot more questions.

Since it's never been exposed to weather or much of anything else, and since you've already brushed it down, just clearcoat it. Consider whether you want a gloss or a satin finish. There are clear coats for brick exterior that allow the brick to still breathe so as to not trap moisture, but I don't think this is an application that would apply to.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =