Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting around a carpet

Hey Guys

This is my first post, and from my name you should be able to tell that I don't know the first thing about home repair or painting.
    Even so, I am trying to re-paint my living room. I will also be repainting the baseboards, but the carpet we have is pretty thick, and comes up pretty high on the baseboards.
    So, what is the best method to protect the carpet, while painting as much of the baseboard as possible???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I need help!!!

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

If you visit your local hardware/paint store you will likely find a 'carpet protector' that is made of thin plastic and is slightly curved. They are usually 24-36" long. If you are careful with not applying too much paint and take your time these work well. Keep a damp rag on hand to wipe the protector off regularly.

If you have any thin plastic around that you can cut into a strip 6" by 24" you can make this yourself. If you try using a paper, cardboard /posterboard piece it will turn to mush after awhile.

You can also try using tape that is at least 2" wide and go around first taping the carget down and away from the baseboards.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Working...
    X
    =