Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging a large, heavy Mirror

New to the site. First posting.

will be buying a 3'h x 6'w mirror. The mirror weighs an estimated 75lbs. What's the best way rig it so it can be hung on drywall and what hardware will i need?

thanks.

I think it depends on where you plan to have the mirror. Didn't you ask the place where you are getting the mirror from, what they suggest?

We put in a lot of heavy bathroom mirrors and we get that channel that the bottom of the mirror fits into. These j-channels have pre-drilled holes, but I drill new ones if I have to, so I can hit wall studs. The time I get anchoring this channel, it could support an elephant. Then the top gets held in by those moirror clips, and I like to center these. If i can, here to, I hit studs. But if this does not work out, I use plastic Toggler anchors. And then screw the little clear plastcxi mirror clips into the Togglers. (Note: To keep a mirror from falling away from the wall does not require an undo amount of anchoring because the weight is all straight down.)

We have put large mirrors out in the open somewheres also and have chosen to rest the mirror on a nice looking piece of wood, and one cap pick anything from a 1 x 4 to using chair rail moulding for a neat look. You can rout out/rabbit cut the top of the wood to be a channel if you want, or, just use some mirror clips on the side down low, as well as the top sides and/or top.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =