Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soured paint useable?

Hello members,
    I have a problem...I purchased a large bucket of paint for decorating in two rooms. One room has been painted and we have now started work on the second room a few months later. When the lid was removed from the paint today, it has an odor that smells sort of like soured milk??? Is it OK to use it or should it be tossed? If you have suggestions or experience with this same problem - PLEASE help! My primer is drying now...
    Thank you,
    Jennifer

if there is no skin on the paint surface in the bucket go ahead and use it. just mix it thoroughly. if there is a skin on it, then get some new paint. the vehicle solvents have evaporated out of the paint mix.

Comment

i bought paint from national warehouse liquidators, which must have been old. i didn't notice the smell right away...im not one to smell paint. well, after i did a wall or two i smelled a foul odor. sure enough it was the paint. it did go away after awhile, but then again maybe im just used to it!!

Comment

some alkyd based paints smell terrible! if it's really bad, I'd try something more substantial - glidden or sherwin-williams.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =