Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PVC backsplash?

Here's my idea: use PVC trim material, like PalLight or Fypon, as a kitchen backsplash. I figured the PVC would be a good material for the backpsplash since it would resist water. The idea would be for it to look like tall base-molding. If I couldn't find a profile I like, I know pal-Tile makes standard flat (square) PVC boards (http://palramamericas.com/Palight-Trimboard.htm ) , so I could rout a profile in the top for a little decor and install it around the rear edge of the countertop just like one would install base molding.

This seems like a very do-able roject, but I've never heard of anyone doing it. The PVC stuff typically seems intended for outdoor use. So my question is, would there be any drawback to doing this? Is there some potential problem that I'm not considering? Any advice would be appreciated.

My opinion, sounds like a good idea!

Comment

well, I can't think of what might be the problem, and I'll take every one else's (except Piper's) silence to mean there's not a problem. The cabinets will all be painted white, and I'll have tall baseboard (7-1/4") baseboard trim and crown molding throughout the kitchen, so I thought this would be a durable, economical approach to adding a backsplash that would also tie into the rest of the kitchen's decor...... I've just never heard of anyone doing it before. I guess I'll blaze the trail.

Comment

backsplash...

Your idea must be good! They show that as an example on their acrylic site!

Comment

PVC Backsplash,Good idea!

Hello,

I would just like to say that I have an experiance with PVC BACKSPLASH and that is seems like a good idea.Not only because is easy to install and it is inexpensive but also because it looks great.

Comment

pvc back splash

These are the backsplashes we use: Go to the site and look for pvc backsplash on the navigation bar.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =