Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plaster walls and ceilings

I recently purchased a house that has plaster walls and I assume ceilings too. They look good but we are redecorating and I want to fix any imperfections before painting. The ceiling needs to be painted and has one crack running pretty much the length of it. It is not a large crack, you can't see it in some places unless the light is hitting it just right, would just painting over it be okay? There are also visible lines (not cracks) running across the width of the ceiling I don't think it is depressed in these areas but there is some clearly visible undulating look to it in the light.What do you suggest?
    Also, the walls have no cracks and feel perfectly smooth and even, but when looking at them from the side, if light is shining on them they have horizontal lines every 16 inches or so. (like the ceiling) What is this? Is there anything inexpensive I can do to get rid of this look? Or is this just what plaster walls and ceilings look like? I've always lived in drywall homes. These things are not noticable unless your really examining the walls and ceilings or there is nothing in the room, like now.The house was built in 1941 and I believe all this is original. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Working...
X
=