Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wholes in the wall

Hi, I have this problem. We have a wide window and this bar that the curtain hangs on has a bracket in the middle - it wouldn't hold on just two brackets at the ends. So it started falling out, this middle bracket. I took it out and wanted to put it back in near the original place, about an inch to the side. It wouldn't hold there either, seems like the drywall is very soft there. I tried one more location, but it just fall out. I tried using these:

and these:

anchors, neither one would stay in. Can anyone please recommend anything that may work?

the curtain or drapery brackets screw into the window casing at the top NOT the drywall. this is the window trim that goes all around the window. if the traverse rod is sooo long then there is a screw hook that is installed in the middle - check out "Kirsh" window hardware at KMart or Walmart.

Comment

Drywall Anchor Problems

There is a toggle bolt anchor with an expander in the back that you tap in and then screw in. The screw that goes in then causes the toggle to flip out behind. See Fastening in Drywall - Hanging Pictures on Drywall

If your wall is all full of holes, I think your better option is to cut out a small section, place plywood backing behind, and then place a patch piece of drywall in. Finish over. Then you should be able to fasten in where there is plywood underneath. I did this very same type of repair on a fastener recently. See Drywall Repair a Hole in Drywall - Instructions
      Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
      http://drywallinfo.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      =