Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are paints that have texture in them, I have used the the ones made by Behr. They have various textures and you can roll them on the wall or use a putty knife or your hands. It depends on the look you desire. If you decide to go with this, You should prime the walls and wallpaper, but I wouldn't worry about repairing the torn sheetrock. This stuff covers very well. Then you can paint as your heart desires. Hope that helps

Todd

Comment

Mikki,
      I really wanted to skip the process of removing the wallpaper, just because it was so stuck on and so much area to remove. But, in the end i guess i'm glad we removed it. As you read, we took off so much drywall when removing the wallpaper that we had no choice but to replaster the walls. But, what started out as a necessity, turned into something i really liked. In fact, we eventually replastered another bathroom, simply because we liked the look!

Comment

Ok, here's a question:

I want to piant my ugle brick fireplace. I am thinking about using a textured paint or plaster to acheive a rough finish. Is this a good idea, and if so, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks,

Lorie

Comment

Painting over wallpaper

OK,
          My house was wall to wall and celing Wallpaper! I am 3/4 into the removal and have come to the hard part. The stairwell leading up to the 2nd floor. I am about to just use the 1/4 drywall to cover it becuse it is so hard to work that area. I watched my life pass before my eyes removing to top layer and all I have is the paper and tons and tons of glue under the sheeting. and another question what do I use to remove the GLUE!!! I have used diff and hot water; but still see lots of glue

Comment

rent a steamer and use a stiff 4 inch putty knife. red devil makes an angled razor scraper.

Comment

I have a similar situation. We have a small-ish foyer which currently has some wallpaper adhered to it really well. It's glued to the sheetrock itself. Taking it off would be quite a task and we've tried it in other rooms and it tears off the wall behind it. My mother is thinking of doing a textured wall with plaster over the wallpaper. I'm concerned that the plaster will crack as previously mentioned. So I don't want to texture the whole room and then cracks appear later. Do you think it would be best to just prime the wallpaper and then paint over that? The wallpaper seams are hidden well so thats not an issue. I guess I'm just looking for the most practical method. Also we live in a very humid place so I don't know if that would be an issue?

Comment

Prime the wallpaper with an oil based primer (using a water base will possibly start to lift the paper) then paint with what ever paint you like.
                After priming you might see the wall paper seams this can be hidden with a layer of drywall compound if needed.
                Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
                Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
                X
                =