Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint sprayer

Has any body used any of the electric paint sprayers. Are they any good and do they work well. I am painting my kitchen cabinets and I am either renting or buying a sprayer.

From my experience the basic hand held ones don't work well. I think if you have a fair amount of painting to do you might be better off renting a bigger unit. Remember though, sprayers make a big mess, so you will need to tape off very well.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

The WAGNER airless systems do ok for spot painting but for big jobs they don't perform. The mechanism is basically a vibratory motor which creates a suction to the paint and forces it out of the nozzle.
      The WAGNER system of high velocity low pressure is better suited for the job. I have one of these here. The power system is a low pressure air flow that acts upon a paint/venturi flow principle. With an air flow across a narrow port, paint is sucked up via a dip tube in the paint. Air flow through the nozzle forces the paint through the spray head and onto the surface. It has to be thinned enough to flow through the siphon tube and the gun's guts and through the sprayhead. High viscosity paints will not work. The same is true for air operated suction type spray guns like DeVilbiss

Comment

paint sprayer

I agree that small ones don't work well. I tried one for staining a fence and it was a big mess. It's more work to cover the areas you don't want sprayed (or tape in your case). I went back to brushes and rollers.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =