Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My house hallways will be Plasterboarded soon.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My house hallways will be Plasterboarded soon.

Hello. I live in an old 1930's era house in MA. We have plasterboard ceilings and walls that need to be plasterboarded over. My parents called a plasterer to do the job on tue/wed next week. None of the old plaster is being torn down, just new board and plaster is being added over it. The areas that need fixing are a large crack on the wall in the dining room, a huge cracked ceiling of the downstairs hallway connected to the dining room and the staircase to the second floor, and a giant crack showing the board underneath on the ceiling of the said staircase. About 3 feet from the first crack (in the dining room) Is where I keep my very imporant Computer setup. I use it to write music. Since plaster dust (any kind of dust really) is very bad for computers (they can make them overheat if too much enters the fan on the back), my Father proposed that we seperate the tower, monitor, external soundcard, mouse, trackball, and speakers and wrap them up in industrial strength plastic bags and tie them down heavily. Is that sufficient to prevent dust from entering or not. I'm worried that the bags (which are very thin) won't do a thing. Please reply. A dead Pc is the last thing I want because of the recording I am planning to do next month.
    Last edited by Zach; 07-12-2008, 03:42 AM.

I think there is no need to worry much about your problem, after wrapping them up in plastic bags, you can wrap them all up again in any big cloth for example old curtains and place them in any box(tv box/washing machine box would be better)....

Comment

sounds good to me! after you wrap them remove them from the room(s) you are doing the work in.

Comment

Like Hayzee suggested, removing them from the room is the logical answer.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =