Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paneling nightmare---PLEASE HELP!!

I decided to redo my bedroom....it had UGLY gray paneling on the lower half...I wanted to paint it white and then use the "crackle" effect...well, the paneling is now white, but the crackle is NOT working...you can't even tell that it is paneling now.

I thought about taking a wire brush and kind of "roughing" it up a bit....I am trying to go for a "beach" look....

ANY suggestions???

texturing sand additive can be obtained from a lumber yard. add this to paint and use a texturing roller to apply. the results look like sand particles when the paint dries. for a more drastic effect use a popcorn ceiling additive and use a thick roller.

Comment

Did you prime the paneling and then add at least one (better two) top coats of finish paint BEFORE putting on the crackle paint ?
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Followed all instructions...which doesn't happen too often

I primed the paneling and then put on two coats....according to the instruction on the can, it said to apply crackle and let dry for 2 hours...did that...then to apply another coat of paint...did that...and nothing.. So aggravating.

I have asked a few people, but I am still not sure. If I took a wire brush and "scraped", would it give it a "worn" look or just an even more screwed up look??

Comment

I think it would look worse if you started at it with a wire brush.
          I might be with Hayzee on this one, maybe your best option would be to try a sand textured paint.
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I did a textured coat in a 1/2 bath and it looks great and hides all kinds of imperfections. Just use a really thick nap roller.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =