Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap/toothbrush holder removal.

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I choose here.

I have a soap holder and a toothbrush/paste holder that are attached to the tile wall with what looks to be caulk. What would be the safest way to remove these without damaging the tile behind it? Thanks in advance!

got to be careful here. if the holders are attached to the tile surface then it may have some hollow wall anchors drilled through the tile into the wall space. but most tile installations have the soap holder AND towel holders cast into a ceramic tile "block" which are a part of the original tile installation and are glued to the sub surface and grouted around like a tile.

Comment

So I would have to replace the entire tile? And what do I do if it does have a wall anchor?

Comment

if the holders are integral with the tile then the whole piece needs replacing. what you do in this case is scrape out the grout with a pick or something. use a stiff putty knife and attempt to pry out the holder. you may damage the surface its glued to. try to clean the surface the other one was glued to and re-glue the new piece. use a waterproof adhesive. once it is set up , mix a grount and re-apply it in the spaces between the tile with a rubber float. if the holder is screwed in place, chances are they used plastic hollow wall anchors. just unscrew the screws and use a new holder with screws in the same position.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =