Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Selection

In my den, I am painting the walls a pale yellow with white trim. There is one wall in the house that is almost completely covered in red brick. I plan to paint the brick, but I have no idea what color. I was thinking white, but I dont think I would really like that...it would just be like having a white wall, which I dont care for. Would it look okay to have the bricks painted the same yellow color as the wall and paint the mortor white? Or maybe sponge the bricks with both white and yellow? Or maybe a completely different color? I just cant decide. We just purchased this house, so our floor isnt finished yet, but we are planning to put in wood flooring. All the furniture is black, so Im trying to think of something that will go good with all of those colors. Any ideas are appreciated.

Tara,
    I like your idea of sponging yellow and white over the brick, making the look monochromatic and soft. Thats my 2 cents!

Laura

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tara

In my den, I am painting the walls a pale yellow with white trim. There is one wall in the house that is almost completely covered in red brick. I plan to paint the brick, but I have no idea what color. I was thinking white, but I dont think I would really like that...it would just be like having a white wall, which I dont care for. Would it look okay to have the bricks painted the same yellow color as the wall and paint the mortor white? Or maybe sponge the bricks with both white and yellow? Or maybe a completely different color? I just cant decide. We just purchased this house, so our floor isnt finished yet, but we are planning to put in wood flooring. All the furniture is black, so Im trying to think of something that will go good with all of those colors. Any ideas are appreciated.
      I have 2 questions for you??,
      first is how handy are you and your husband?
      second is how attached are you to the look of brick?
      heres why I ask.
      if it were me I'de skim coat the brick with plaster(using a bonder mixed in to it) to make it look simulare to your other walls.and then paint it to match them.or you could use the same colors painting every other brick in a checker board pattern. of course I've not seen the wall in question, so please take that into account.TAZ

nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.
      nuthing like being woken up at 12:AM to unstop some one elses toilet.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =