Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major wall problems

okay 3 years ago i removed the ugly wood paneling we had on the walls. it came with the house and i got tired of looking at it. so after i moved it we painted the walls 3 times in the past 2 years. so one day i noticed that the wall was looked pushed out a bit but i just thought it was the drywall so i never took it serious but know it's got me worried because it's popping up all over the room now. i got 3 kids that are this one room alot and god forbid these walls come down on them i'll post pics in this thread so you can see for yourself because it's hard for me to explain what's going on since i'm not that great of a handy man outside of cars. so any help you could give me would be really helpful. and if you can't help then thanks for you time for reading this and have a good day.

the one above the tv is really long almost goes from one side of the wall to the other.

and the one in the last pic is not sheet rock it's a board that is pushing its way foward. above the board is a tiled ceiling.

If there is no water damage or anything else causing the boards to bulge out, then I recommend that you take one board down and look at the fastening system and what it was fastened to. Say if they put furring strips up and they are coming loose from the wall. Or say if a stud is cracked. But its a good idea to look behind the board. You can also try to fasten the board with screws just to see if they will hold prior to taking the board down. Maybe the fastners were not long enough

Comment

Working...
    X
    =