Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moldy Walls/Holes in Wall/Doors

I'm gunna make this short since I had my post complete and then my browser crashed

1. shortly after moving I noticed there was mold forming behind my walls..How do I fix this?

2. Next! got a few holes that need fixing..whats the best way?

3. I have a hole in my wooden door that also needs fixing
    htt p://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7458/img0145q.jpg (sideways)

4. The paint on my door was a bit oily so I had to take it off completely since my dog was chewing on it.. I would like to repaint it back but not sure what kind of paint to use.. it seems like they just painted over paint because there are like 2 more layers but its not peelable so i left it.
    htt p://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8584/img0146tev.jpg (sideways)

In my bathroom.. I'm not sure if it would be better to deal with the mold first or fix the holes first.. but still I don't know how to do either so need help there.. and as for my wooden door is there anythin i can do? maybe patch it sand down? put somethin over it to seal it b4 i paint?
    Last edited by admin; 06-24-2009, 11:29 PM.

As for the mold, its a good idea to check for water or a high moisture content in the area where the mold develops, also inspect for anything else that might be causing it. As for the holes in the wall, depending on the size of the holes,(which didn't look that big from the pictures), you can use varies ways to repair them. One way is to use a peel and stick patch, which comes in varies sizes. Another way is to use the plug patch method, which may not be worth explaining because the peel and stick patch looks like the best and quickest way for your situation. Its also other methods I can name, but go with the peel and stick.

Comment

Originally posted by The Builder View Post
      As for the mold, its a good idea to check for water or a high moisture content in the area where the mold develops, also inspect for anything else that might be causing it. As for the holes in the wall, depending on the size of the holes,(which didn't look that big from the pictures), you can use varies ways to repair them. One way is to use a peel and stick patch, which comes in varies sizes. Another way is to use the plug patch method, which may not be worth explaining because the peel and stick patch looks like the best and quickest way for your situation. Its also other methods I can name, but go with the peel and stick.
      Who makes the peel and stick patch? this seems like the quickest way to fix the problem.. Some people have been saying to cut dry wall and replace it but the peel and stick seems like a good option. The moldy areas are in the bathroom, and I found out that their is actually wallpaper in my bathroom but the landlord had it painted over.. so maybe that is why there is mold now.. Wallpaper just doesnt seem like the best idea for a bathroom

Comment

You can get the peel and stick at a supply house, or Home Depot or Lowes

Comment

You can get the peel and stick at a supply house, or Home Depot or Lowes
          Whats the exact name? I searched homedepot.com for "peel and stick" and didnt come up with much that seemed like what you were talking about

Comment

One that I still have is Homax, and I believe another company that manufactures them is Dap. Just call Home Depot or Lowes or a supply house and ask for a peel and stick patch to repair drywall holes.

Comment

One that I still have is Homax, and I believe another company that manufactures them is Dap. Just call Home Depot or Lowes or a supply house and ask for a peel and stick patch to repair drywall holes.
              Ok thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X
              =