Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules Hooks?

Just curious if anyone has had any use with these things. My wife picked some up at Bed Bath and Beyond and honestly, I am a bit unsure if they will hold like they claim the do.

I hate to say it but they do work, I've seen them in action in homes, to me the best thing is the small amount of damage they do to drywall, if your hanging light weight items I'd think they'd be ideal. However that said, I don't personally use them and I most definitely wouldn't hang anything breakable or expensive on them.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I feel kind of silly using them but it seems like such a simple idea and looks so easy to use. I guess I will just suck up my pride and take the plunge.

Comment

glad to hear they work - we hang a lot of pictures!

Comment

They work!

I hang very large, very heavy glass/metal frame pictures on them and they work great. I've used them while renting and they make very small holes.

Dawn

Comment

Hercules Hooks Experiments

For a whole battery of hercules hooks experiments, see Hercules Hooks | Drywall News and New Products

Yes, they work, but if you are hanging a heavy valuable mirror or painting, I would use a combination of one hook and one screw in a stud. For small wall hangings, one hook is fine. They work great - we have almost used up the ones I bought. My wife especially loves them.
            Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
            http://drywallinfo.com

Comment

Working...
            X
            =