Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement Insulation around well tank

I am preparing to insulate the walls of my basement in order to warm up the rest of the house as well as to create a quiet sanctuary for myself. Am seeking some advice about the area around the well tank. I am planning on using foam insulation panels and DriCore subflooring throughout the basement.
    My concern is the area around the well tank. In the summer I get a lot of condensation in this area which has created black mold in this area. I of course intend to clean the walls and floor with bleach solution prior to installation. I am making the assumption the insulating will help this problem. Other than this area the basement is dry.

Will I be creating a fire hazard by using insulation in the this area? The tank is on it's own electrical panel box and is extremely well grounded. I do not want to dislodge any of that work! The tank is in the corner so working in that area will not be easy. In order to be effective in fighting the condensation issue I think that I need to make sure there is no exposed cement in this area.

Additionally, I am doing this project alone so I am also looking for suggestions for the easiest way to cover the insulation when I am done. At 5'1" the ladder /stepstool have always been my friends! I do not feel that I want to tackle drywall. I plan on building screens to partition off areas as this is within my comfort level of my abilities.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Use the same aluminized wrap they have available for hot water heaters. If they make a neoprene foam insulation that big I'd suggest that but it would be price prohibitive. the condensate is from the cold meeting the hot in your basement air.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =