Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullnose bead

Hello! First time poster and would like some advice. I am thinking about doing some remodeling which entails replacing standard corner bead with bullnose corner bead. Would it be possible to install the bullnose over the standard corner bead eliminating the labor of tearing off the standard corner bead or would I end up with enlarged corners after applying the sheet rock mud.

is the corner bead going to be glued down? regular corner bead for sheetrock is a piece of galvanized steel, screwed or nailed into the stud that forms the corner.

Comment

In simple terms the answer is yes you "could" install it over the existing corner HOWEVER this would give you a very obvious taper to your drywall from the new corner, let alone the time consuming effort it would be to just install the corner.

It would look much better and overall be much easier to remove the existing corner, clean off the loose compound and then install and finish the bullnose corner bead.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. Pushkins I thought there would be a big taper to deal with but could use more mud to take it out. Probably would end up having the sheet rock fall off the wall from the weight though.

Comment

With enough mud you can take almost anything out, but you'd probably be tapering 18"-24" out from the corner (at least) to minimize the obvious taper.
          A standard corner taper is around 12" and it's very difficult to get a 24" taper flat without undulations.
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =