Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with spackling

I have a few tiny screw holes that I have filled with spackle. My walls are off white and my spackle is bright white. Is there someway to darken the spackle or somehow make it blend with the paint?? I'm moving out of my apartment and I don't want any money taken from my security deposit and I don't want to repaint the entire wall because of a hole so small I can't fit my pinky in it. I also have no idea what the exact color of my wall is since it was painted before I moved in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately there is little you can do for this fix, I could tell you to add a little food coloring etc...etc... but there is no way to color drywall compound (spackle) to match wall color without the actual wall paint. If you had the paint you can add just a drop to the spackle mix it together and then apply.

To minimize the showing of the drywall compound use a wet sponge to gently wipe over the area until the area is smooth and the compound doesn't stick up. This will save you sanding and sanding will accentuate and differences.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Another option might be an almound caulk.

Comment

Spackle Trademark

Spackle is a registered trademark od the Muralo Company, located in Bayonne, NJ. We make the product pure white because the most popular colors are white and off whites. Most primers are white for the same reaseon. Joint cement and some generic spackling paste are porous, and are hard to top coat.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =