Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drywall repair? hole in wall next to doorframe, surveyor coming on thursday!

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drywall repair? hole in wall next to doorframe, surveyor coming on thursday!

Hey guys, and hope I'm not in the wrong section posting this,

I'm not too knowledgeable in the DIY repair world of things but I've happened across a fist-sized hole in my drywall 4 days before a surveyor is expected to come round to inspect the house for the people who recently gave us an offer! I know.. rather bad timing.

I did a quick google and found a couple of how tos.

It seems simple enough to accomplish in 4 days I would hope however the only issue from simply following their instructions is that I have a door frame right next to my hole [see attached image].
    Although I don't have a stud finder I did have some little magnets lying around and you should be able to see the 4 magnets surrounding the hole.
    So I'm expecting it's not going to be quite as simple as that.. if it is great but if it isn't I was hoping someone could offer some insight into how to apply dry-wall to this area? Will the doorframe need to be removed?

Much thanks I will try to respond to any questions asap!

[I can't seem to post the images since I haven't made enough posts :/
    just imagine a fist sized hole in drywall 5 inches away from a doorframe. The magnets surround the hole but are touching the doorframe so are probably under it or very close]

I'm not sure what magnets have to do with this ? or a surveyor for that matter, surveyors don't care about the inside of a house, their job is to plot out the property boundaries and the houses foot print in relation to those boundaries.

You can buy simple patch kits at Lowe's/HD

You could get a piece of drywall and make a "hot patch" you measure the hole and cut out a piece of drywall 1" larger all the way around, then turn the repair piece over and cut ONLY the back part of the drywall to the same size as the hole, bend the drywall on these new cut lines and PEEL the drywall from the paper front. Apply drywall compound to the hole in the wall and to the back of the repair piece, press it into the wall hole and flatten out the paper with a putty knife or taping knife. Allow this to dry then apply further coats to taper out the patch on the wall.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =