Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky basement wall

My wife and I just bought a house a year ago, and it seems that any time we have heavy rain, we get water in the basement. I'm your typical nerdy type, and am in no way a handyman, so I've come here for some help. Our basement is finished, except for one room in the corner that is used for storage. In this room, its just bare cement on the walls and floor. On one wall, about 1.5cm from the floor, there is a small (maybe 4cm by 4cm) area where it looks like the cement has sort of "eroded" away a bit. I can clearly see that this is where the water is seeping in when the leaking begins. I'm just looking for some advice on what products to use to seal this area. There are no visible cracks in the area, and all the sealers I found online seemed to be geared towards sealing a crack. I would prefer if I didn't have to dig up the soil on the other side of the wall if I don't have to, but I expect I may.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I can provide pictures when I get home from work tonight if that would help.

Fill the cracks with hydraulic cement. Once dry, coat the area with Thoroghseal or similar product. Also, address the reason why water is soaking that area of the foundation... check gutters, downspouts and grading of the soil around your foundation. The goal is to get the water to drain as far away as possible. Let me know if this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =