Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building inspector

Greeting guys...

I have a question that I try to understand. I pulled a permit to renovate my basement to use as apartment. I gutted everything down to concrete. However, the permit has expired so today I went to pay for a new permit. The Building Inspector asked me what I have done so far. I said I have not got any inspection done yet. So far I had just finished putting up rigid foam - Owens Corning Foamular 250 board. He replied with a condescending tone "take it off, that is insulation and I have not done the framing inspection yet." I said I cannot put the rigid foam up after the framing. The rigid foam has to go up first. He kept saying take it off and refused to listen to my explanation why it has to go up first. He does not seem to want to listen to me, and became agitated although I did not raise my voice. I kept my composure and pleaded for him to give me a chance to explain. He went on saying "I am busy...I dont have time for this". I said just 5 minutes?​

Originally posted by kemiy View Post
    Greeting guys...

I have a question that I try to understand. I pulled a permit to renovate my basement to use as apartment. I gutted everything down to concrete. However, the permit has expired so today I went to pay for a new permit. The Building Inspector asked me what I have done so far. I said I have not got any inspection done yet. So far I had just finished putting up rigid foam - Owens Corning Foamular 250 board. He replied with a condescending tone "take it off, that is insulation and I have not done the framing building inspection Perth​ yet." I said I cannot put the rigid foam up after the framing. The rigid foam has to go up first. He kept saying take it off and refused to listen to my explanation why it has to go up first. He does not seem to want to listen to me, and became agitated although I did not raise my voice. I kept my composure and pleaded for him to give me a chance to explain. He went on saying "I am busy...I dont have time for this". I said just 5 minutes?​
    thanks in advance for any help

Comment

Working...
    X
    =