Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patio but want deck

When we bought our house 8 years ago I laid down concrete for a deck because I thought it was the cheaper solution and would still allow me to eat outside. But now, I really want to build a deck where part of the patio is. The patio is the entire length of the back of our house but the deck would only be off the back of the dining room where I would put French doors (so not even half the length of the deck.) what is the best way to approach adding a deck?

That sounds like a fantastic project! To start, assess the condition of your existing concrete patio to see if it can support the new deck or if it needs to be modified. Next, plan your deck design, considering how it will flow with the new French doors and your dining room. Don’t forget to check local building codes and permits to ensure everything is up to standard. Depending on your comfort level, you can either hire a professional deck builder or tackle the project yourself if you're up for it. Once the deck is built, you can add your personal touch with furniture and decor to make it a cozy and inviting space.

I hope you are enjoying your new area. Share pictures!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =