Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mold on wood fence

Within the last 2 weeks I had a new fence installed. When it was installed much of the wood was green with mold in several places. The contractor suggested it would wash off in a good rain, but that is not the case. I've asked him to correct the problem and he plans to power wash the wood with a light bleach solution. Should this be sufficient to eliminate the mold or did he simply install a bad shipment of wood? It is simple, pressure-treated wood that was pre-fabbed in 4 foot segments of stockade style.

I wood say (that is an intentional pun )that the sections were stored somewheres damp and wet and never dried out. But that's okay. Decks that start out with unmoldy-green fungusy wood can develop this, and that is why they sell deck wash. It'll probably be okay once it is clean.

Have him do it, and see what it looks like...after it dries.

Comment

Are you sure the green is mold. Pressure treated wood is green already from the chemicals it soaks up when treated. I would suggest letting it dry out for at least 3 months, then after that wash it down and apply a sealer to the wood.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =