Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing chimneys for solar PV projects

does anyone have insight about removing chimneys (i.e. alternative venting, converting natural fireplaces to gas, etc.) to make more roof-space for solar PV arrays?

thanks!

Sorry, I don't have any professional things for this but, sounds very do-able. . . The draft for a natural Gas Fan Assisted Appliance is MUCH less than a natural draft fireplace. Do you know how many BTU's the fireplace you are considering is (I'm sure I can help if you get me the BTU's)?

You may be able to use a sidewall vent (depending on your installation).
    Mark
    Owner of 1 house (3200 SQ.FT., 4 car garage)
    Owner of 3 rental houses (partner with the bank.)

Comment

DuneMe the guy's in Ontario Canada! Building codes are different! Have him get hold of his extension service or codes inspector.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewgevaert View Post
        does anyone have insight about removing chimneys (i.e. alternative venting, converting natural fireplaces to gas, etc.) to make more roof-space for solar PV arrays?

thanks!
        Hi Paul here . You did not give enough info for anybody to engineer anything.
        Also HayZee518 was right in his statement about Canada having a different codes. Quit often there code's are a lot different then ours is. So you need to figure out what you want and have it engineered by a co. that knows you code for you area. Paul

Comment

Working...
        X
        =