No announcement yet.

What is this piece on my exterior door called and where can I get one?


Forum Top GA Ad Widget

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is this piece on my exterior door called and where can I get one?

    Hi guys. Working on the exterior of my house and Im at the doors. These doors are good all except the frame thing (what is it called so I can better search for it??) that goes over the windows is weathered and warped from the sun. Its pretty old I think. as you can see below it consists of 2 pieces, one on the inside of the door and one on the outside that are screwed together from the inside. Can I find just this whole piece and not have to replace the door? What are my options and what is it called? Thanks!!

    INSIDE -


  • #2
    I might have totally missed what you're pointing to in your pictures, but are you talking about the pane frames?


    Roof Link, Inc.
    2730 Isabella Boulevard #50
    Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250


    • #3
      Trim Moulding?

      I think it's just trim or trim moulding. Might check here to see if they have something: allaboutdoorsdotcom.


      • #4

        the window feature is called a MULLION.
        the ouside, "inner" pieces" are just moulding


        • #5
          Mullions or now commanly rfered to gris

          The items can be replaced as they are not unique to any particular vendor, they can be ordered from Jeld Wen, Masonite Door, Pella and Therma True either through Home Depot, Lowes or any retailer that deals in steel or fiber glass patio doors, Cost can run from as low as $90.00 to $150.00 per one door. That depends on if the vendor will sell just replacement mullions or the entire glass package.