Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Problem on Patio

I have a walkout basement. My house and garage have a 90 degree angle where they meet, so think of an Upside down L. Where the two walls meet, I am collecting water, which is up against my house. Other than ripping up a section of the patio next to the house to regrade it to slope away from the house, I would like to install some type of drain in the corner for the water to go down toward the drain around the foundation.

What do I need to do to make this work?

ramp

mix up some mortar mix and get a bonding agent. "paint" the bonding agent on the concrete and apply the mortar mix, grading it away from the house towards where you want the water to go. evidently your slab sunk leaving you with a puddle. short of you ripping up the entire slab, I see this as the only way for a temp fix.

Comment

Forgot to include that my patio is all pavers. No cement slab. I was thinking I could I stall a drain that went straight down, which would drain to the curtain drain. Would that work?

Comment

drain

it might but you'll already have removed some pavers in order to dig the hole the whole five feet or more to the drain tiles. if that's your goal then use a piece of perforated tile down to the drain tile.
        while you're at it get some more sand and reset the pavers so they slant towards your drain.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =