Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shingle colors don't match the old ones...

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shingle colors don't match the old ones...

Greetings all!

Some crazy weather recently damaged a decent portion of our roof and we hired a company to fix it. Once the repairs were done, we took a look and the new shingles weren't just a little different, but it's like night and day! It looks terrible!! We called the roofing guy and he said that due to the sun's damage, there was nothing that he could do to make it match or even get a little closer. He also stated that they don't make a "faded" color of new shingles and that our shingles are called "weathered wood."

I don't think he's telling us the truth. Any thoughts on the matter?

Weathered Wood is most definitely a shingle color, CertainTeed make it and I think GAF make an almost identical shingle as well.
    Depending on how old your original shingles are (you didn't mention) there would most likely be a variation between new and old, your roofer is correct in regards to sun fade, your be surprised just how fast it happens as well. I've seen shingled roofs less than a year old look like a patch work quilt after storm repairs.

The above is assuming that he re[placed the shingles with the correct color.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thank you for the information and I'm sorry, I did leave out the age of my roof: 12 years old. I believe him about the name of the shingles and that they do get faded and weathered from the sun over time, but I don't believe him when he says he cannot do anything more about the appearance unless I'm told different here on the forum because you all don't have any money invested in your answers. :-).

The neighbors' roofs all took a beating as well and their roofs look decent... almost to the point where you cannot tell that they had repairs done. I'm not sure if I'm being lied to by the company or not.

Comment

Post a picture.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =