Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to weatherstrip my patio door

Patio door isnt even more than 5 years old but i think from the beginning it was never well weatherstripped. In the room it is in, you can feel quite a draft where the 2 doors should seal in the closed position. I can see a vinyl type seal that is most likely supposed to come together when the door is in the closed position. They are not quite coming together, however. About an 1/8 inch gap. I'm not sure what to do with it. Apply something to the stationary door or the moving door??? Any help is appreciated.

Dive in

OK. Finally just decided to dive in and take the sliding door off of the track. I removed a piece at the top of the door and just lifted it off. I suspect each brand of patio door will probably be different when it comes to removal. Bought 3 different types of weather striping. pile (furry stuff with adhesive on the other side), polypropylene v-shaped seal ( also attaches adhesively), & D-Profile rubber. I actually used 2 different ones to get the desired result. I put all weatherstriping on the moving door as that seemed to work the best for my situation. 1st put on the D-shaped rubber stuff but that didn't quite fill the gap. Then I attached the furry stuff to the side of the D-shaped stuff and that sealed the door wonderfully. Glad I just dove in and fiqured it out as I went. Sometimes thats just the way to go I guess. Also, glad I didn't break anything in the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =