Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Best To Fix These French Doors

I have some corrosion on the aluminum facia on these French doors. They get plenty of North Country weather. How do you think I should repair these? Just grind out the corroded spot and fix like a car, I have lots of practice with that stuff. Fiberglass bondo then level and paint then seal along the top where the waster just has to get in using silcone sealant. I asked the cat you see here and he told me to buzz off and get the Friskies. I could borrow my buddies big folder and make a new piece, I even have the white aluminum to make it. Still, that is a pretty fine fold there and I hate to go ripping anything off that might be impossible to replicate. What say yea??
    Attached Files

Hi Driz!

Hope you already fixed everything.

Your plan sounded solid—grinding out the corrosion and using fiberglass bondo should work well if the damage is minor. If you're worried about replicating the fine fold, making a new piece could be a good option, especially if you have the materials and tools. You might also consider consulting a pro if you want to ensure a perfect match. Whichever route you choose, just make sure to seal everything well to prevent future issues. And hopefully, your cat will appreciate the Friskies while you tackle the repair!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =