Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New home owner: soaking

I have a porch (about 10 - 15 ft) on the back-side of my house. Since I’m told you don’t want to soak your house unless you can soak it all, should I go ahead and soak, or not. We have a drought on here in D/FW TX. (I don’t think the porch is part of the foundation, but I’m not sure.)

Wrestling w/ soaker hoses that only know they want to curl up sucks. Is there any economical set-up/equipment I can buy to make this thing any easier? (not an expensive buried system.)

My other problem is everytime I connect garden hose to a soaker to lengthen it, I end up with a bad leak at the connection. New hoses and washers to no avail.

Can I soak the house in phases? I have had no success doing it all at once.

Also, there is a solid plastic thing in the nozzle of my new soaker hose w/ a small hole in the center. Leave it in, or take it out?

All this said, my neighbors say they don’t soak. (But they do water.)

No signs of cracking or doors not shutting so far as I can tell right now - but I don't want any trouble.

what about tent stakes and cable ties to hold the hoses down?

The restrictor is there to make sure the hoses soak and do not spray. if you have a made your hose longer than 300 feet you might need to remove some of the restrictors. because of the restrictors there is more pressure in the hose. especially as the connection. either crank down on it or replace the washer with a bead of silicone.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =