Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutter alternative products

I have one section on the back of my house that is too high off the ground to make me feel safe climbing up there to clean the guttering. I saw an advertisement in a magazine for a product called Rain Handler, and it looks interesting. It's a series of louvers that takes the water from the roof and disperses it into a 2-3 foot wide band of smaller drops.

It's hideously expensive, though, about $25/5ft, and while I don't have that much to do, money's tights so it's got to be worth the money before I'll buy it. Anyone here have any experience with it? What about other products such as gutter screens or, by name, GutterHelmet?
    Bill in Kansas City, MO

Measure with a micrometer
    Mark with a crayon
    Cut with an axe.

the rain handler looks neat, try to get a free sample from them to check out how sturdy it is. you could probably make the gutter helmet with spare shingles or some aluminum flashing. The screens work if you arc them out at the right angle. too much of a dome and you create a new valley for the debris to build up in. if they are concave the debris will also build up.
    Last edited by HeadOfMax; 02-16-2006, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =