Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New roof?

I am getting estimates for a new roof. The house itself doesn't leak yet but is getting pretty bad with cracked and some missing shingles. The attached garage is not quite so bad but does have a few cracked I think one missing and some that are curling. The home inspector didn't think the garage needed a new roof so it might have to come out off my pocket but I think it should all be done at once either way.

When do you decide to only do the house and then later do the garage? Or why would someone think that just because it's only a garage it dosen't mattter if there are cracked shingles if it dosen't leak? It seems that you would always have mis-matched colors from fading and never really have a new roof if you only do it that way but if I'm wrong and it would be ok I'd like to save the money.

Thanks,

Thomas

This is a portion of the garage in question. These are the best side, I coould not get a picture of the other side with the short ladder that was there.

Edit: I notice that you can't see the missing shingles at the top in this picture without knowing where there are(not).
Working...
X
=