Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Water away from Foundation

Hello,
    Has anyone had any luck with the Self Coiling rain drains that you attach to the bottom of the down spout? They roll out when filled with water and then come back. Do these work? If not, is there anything else i can attach to my downspout that will work well?
    Thanks.

Because the previous owner was slack, when I bought the house it was raining and water just pooled along my foundation. Mosquitoes and bugs were terrible.

I've never used the ones that roll out on their own.

To solve my drainage problem I went to Home Depot and picked up bendable drainage pipes that slide over the existing gutter drains. They're corrugated plastic so they bend at any angle, and at full extension they are about 5 feet. They came in green and brown and were maybe $5 each. I burried them, and have had no problems.

Comment

My mother got the kind that unroll and they are terrible. The problem is water runoff is not just water. It is bits of debris along with soot from your roof, basically the same junk that gets in your gutters. This sludge instantly clogs those roll out types and prevents them from rolling back . And because they are made of a collapable material the stuff and moisure inside makes them stick together and what needs to be flushed away ends up getting clogged and creates a backup and pooor draninage from your gutters. To make them work properly you need to constantly clean them out. I vote no. too much work for me!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =