Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation Crack Repair

I had a Tree root growing throw my foundation wall, and it caused a large crack in the concrete foundation wall. The crack is about 2 feet tall and about 1/2" wide. I have since cut down the tree and removed the root. I would like to seal up the crack. Can any of you recommend a type of epoxy to look for or something else to repair the crack? The guy at Home Depot recommended driveway crack repair, which looked like gray caulk. Filling the hole with caulk didn't seem like the best idea, so I thought that I would post here. The crack is below grade, but I can repair it from the inside of my basement.

Okay, either I asked a tough question, a stupid question, or a scary question, because I have had no responses. I'm not sure which, but a structural engineer and a home inspector looked at the crack. Both of them thought that this was a very easy fix and no big deal. They said to clean it out and shoot some epoxy in there. I guess I was just looking for a product recommendation or something to look for on the product. If y'all don't respond, I'm just going to fill the crack with JB WELD

--Scott

Comment

I love JB Weld but I'm not sure that's the best thing for this repair. I have fixed many basement cracks in both block and poured concrete walls using concrete caulk. It stays flexible and is good to use ubove grade or in the basement, as you described.

Comment

crack holes in celing

There are two baseball size holes in the bedroom and a big one in the kitchen where someone fell through. how would u need to repair it?

Comment

little confused on the last post

for the concrete wall a good hydralic filler is good to use I think both UGL and Sunny dry makes one as well as Quickcrete i'm sure.
          it sets up very very quick but does excellent on cracks or small holes. Mix small batches. The UGL product is called fast plug should be at depot as well as lowes.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =