Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing gutter hangers

We just had our roof torn off and replaced. The roof looks nice, but the gutters took a major beating and I would like to replace them... the fascia and soffits need new wood anyway. However, one gutter was hung using those roof-attached hangers and the roofers apparently thought they were doing me a favor by reattaching them. They are attached about 6-8" deep with nails. Is there anyway to get them off with the shingles on, or am I best off to just cut them behind the shingle edge?

Thanks!

Sure--especially since shingles are new and flexible. Pry the hangar up with a big screwdriver and the nail will come out with it. You might want to dab some roof cement on the hole to be sure water doesn't come in, and put tab back down. If you are in a warm clime and the shingles have sealed themselves already, cutting the straps might be a good idea.

Comment

Thanks. We just got 6" of snow and are expecting several more, so I am sure the shingles haven't sealed themselves I'll have to take a look again once the snow melts.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =