Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foundation is leaking water from it

I have a house that is on a concrete slab, with brick outside(mexico brick), that is constantly leaking water from the foundation. It is leaking from the weep holes and also from cracks that go horizontally in the foundation, about 2 inches below the bricks. This is only happening on the east side of the house, and it is along the entire length of the house, and does extend around the corners about 3-4 feet. the length of the house is probably 30-35 feet. I have checked the house for leaks (the water supply does come in on this side of the house and goes up to the celing). I knocked a hole in the sheetrock and checked the piping for leaks and nothing was wet as well as checking the attic and found no leaks. I do not have water coming into the house, only leaking outside. I have a bathroom on that side of the house as well, and looked in the inspection hole and found some water under the 2X4 board of of the wall, but not leaking from the tub. I am thinking that maybe the water is leaking in from the bricks since they have not been sealed, but I am not experienced in this at all. Any ideas?

are there any drain tiles installed around the perimeter of the house below grade? if there is a high water table on your east side of the house, water could be pooling on this side and with nowhere to go, dampening your house. a drain tile system is designed to funnel off ground water to a dry well some distance from the house so it doesn't create a problem. it can be compared to the leach field of a septic system, but instead of grey water just leaches out the ground water from the tiles.

Comment

no there are no drain tiles that I am aware of. The house was built in a subdivision with approxiimately a 1/4 acre so not much room. It also has city water and sewer, so no septic system. I also own the house next door and do not have this problem with it. The water is actually eating some of the concrete away from the foundation. I am starting to see the rocks from the cement instead of a smooth surface. Any ideas of who I should call to check this out? A plumber, foundation expert? I am stumped on this one. Thanks

Comment

any reputable general contractor should know what to do

Comment

Working...
        X
        =