Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foundation Irrigation

Over the past 5 dry years, my foundation has taken a beating. This was evident up to six months ago by a crack in a wall near the center of my house that 0.75" wide at the ceiling. With significant rains over the winter and spring, the crack has nearly closed. I would like to retain this condition by installing a system to keep the ground moist around the perimeter of my home during the dry summer. I was thinking of installing PVC line 6-8" deep, 12" from the edge of the foundation around the entire house (except the driveway) with small holes drilled at intervals. Has anyone done anything similar to this before? Do you know where I can find and guidelines for this?

might be less expensive for you if you purchase a soaker hose. this is a plastic hose with tiny holes in its length. water weeps out of this hose. you might even find a soaker that has connections that you can screw together several lengths of hose and cap the end of a run with a brass cap they'd supply. Other end is a standard female hose connection.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, but I've never had much luck with soaker hoses in the past. The end closest to the source squirts a lot of water and the other end barely drips. That is why I thought a larger hose or pipe with small holes would provide a more constant pressure along the line. I've been told that you don't want the water too close to the edge of the foundation, but don't know how close is too close. The last thing I want to do is make the problem worse!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =