Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Window Trim

We just built a house and had told our builder that we were not putting shutters on exterior windows. Well, low and behold, our windows were put in and house was sided before we realized that the windows were not trimmed with anything. All that is there, is the window (and the little flange that outlines it). My question is: do they make exterior trim to go on a window even though it is already sided? My wife would like each window to be trimmed with 3-4 inch pvc molding. Could someone direct me in the right direction. Thanks and I will look forward to hear from you.

That's a tough one. But I'll look around. Usually after a window is installed and before the siding is put up, window trim is installed. THEN before the siding is put on a J channel is installed all around the window so that the siding would "sit" in something and still provide a weatherproofing for a driving rain.

Comment

Window trim

Hi, I have drawn up something that I believe you have. Conventional window trim and vinyl siding j channel is shown in the first diagram. What you described I think is in the bottom drawing. It's a shame that you got shutters you didn't want and trim out you didn't get. Has it been a while since the builder closed out the account? Otherwise I'd go after him and raise holy hell because you didn't get what you wanted - AND - have him make the repairs and NOT charge you. He violated the contract so he better eat the cost of providing you what he didn't supply. Adding a siding trim [I don't even know if they make something] wouldn't look right because the siding's supposed to slide into a channel to provide water run-off.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =